LOUTH COUNTY COUNCIL
Comhairle Contae Lú
Part XI of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended)
Part 8, Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended)
Park and Share Facility at Gibstown west of Junction 16 of the M1 (Dundalk South), Co. Louth
Louth County Council hereby gives notice of its intention to carry out construction of a Park and Share Scheme at Gibstown, approximately 250m west of Junction 16 of the M1 Motorway, in County Louth.
The proposed works shall comprise, generally, the following:
• An off-road ‘Park & Share’ car park facility at Gibstown near Junction 16 M1 Motorway;
• A right turn lane on the public road to support safe access to the facility from Junction 16 M1 Motorway;
• A safe pick-up and drop-off area for those using the facility;
• Improved public lighting provision between Junction 16 M1 Motorway and the new Park and Share facility and lighting of the facility;
• Provisions for possible future security measures (e.g. CCTV), electric vehicle (EV) charging points, and public transport connection;
• Measures to deter use by heavy goods vehicles.
• All associated site development works.
Louth County Council has undertaken Appropriate Assessment Screening, the details of which are available to the general public.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development may be inspected or purchased, at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, from Wednesday, 18th March 2020 until Friday, 17th April 2020 (inclusive) at the offices of Louth County Council, Town Hall, Dundalk during public opening hours.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, clearly marked “Park and Share Facility at Gibstown near Junction 16 M1 Motorway” may be made in writing to the undersigned at Louth County Council, Town Hall, Crowe Street, Dundalk, before 5.00 pm on Friday, 1st May 2020
Dated this 17th March 2020
Eugene Mc Manus
Louth County Council